Place New Order in Tools Menu On MetaTrader 4 Stock Indices Platform
A new order to buy or sell a trade can be found on the tools menu within the MetaTrader 4 Platform. The button for placing a new trade transaction is shown below. (Keyboard Short Cut Keys “F9”)
Placing a New Order
As a stock indices trader, once you select the new order button as shown above the following popup window will appear. This popup includes the settings for placing a new trade.
The Following Settings are specified for placing a new order:
- Symbol - Specify the instrument to be traded - stock indices.
- Volume - The Number of Lots to be transacted
- Stop Loss Stock Index Order - Set Stop Loss Stock Indices Order, This option can be set after opening the trade, or for pending stock indices orders
- Take Profit Stock Index Order - Set Take Profit Stock Indices Order, This option can be set after opening the trade, or for pending stock indices orders
- Type: Market Execution or Pending Stock Indices Order
- Sell by Market - Open a Sell Trade
- Buy by Market - Open a Buy Trade
To Buy at current stock index price hit the Buy by Market button
To Sell at current stock index price hit the Sell by Market button
Setting Pending Stock Indices Orders
To Set a pending trade at another stock index price, Change the “Type” option from “Market Execution” to “Pending Stock Indices Order” as shown below.
A menu list will appear and show the following options.
- Buy Limit Stock Indices Order
- Sell Limit Stock Indices Order
- Buy Stop Stock Indices Order
- Sell Stop Stock Indices Order
These options are shown below:
To learn how to set up these pending stock indices orders read the articles:
Once you select the type of pending stock indices order to place; then click the “Place” button as shown on the above screenshot to complete the setup.