MACD XAUUSD Indicator Oscillator XAUUSD Technical Analysis Fast Line and Signal Line
MACD XAUUSD indicator is used in various ways to give technical analysis information.
- MACD center line crosses indicate bullish or bearish markets; below zero is bearish, above zero is bullish.
- MACD Crossovers indicate a buy or sell xauusd signal.
- Oscillations can be used to indicate oversold and overbought regions
- Used to look for divergence between gold price and indicator.
Construction of MACD XAUUSD Indicator
The MACD xauusd indicator is constructed using two exponential moving averages and this gold technical indicator plots two lines. The two default exponential moving averages used are 12 and 26. Then a smoothing factor of 9 is also applied when drawing the MACD xauusd indicator.
Summary of how MACD xauusd indicator is drawn
MACD uses 2 EMAs + a smoothing factor (12, 26 Exponential Moving Averages and 9 smoothing periods)
MACD gold technical indicator only plots two lines - the MACD fast line and the MACD signal line
MACD Lines - MACD Fast Line and MACD Signal Lines XAUUSD Signals
- The Fast Line is the difference between the 26 EMA and 12 EMA
- The Signal line is the 9 period moving average of the MACD fast line.
Implementation of MACD XAUUSD Indicator
MACD xauusd indicator implements the MACD line as a continuous line while the signal line is implemented as a histogram. These two MACD LINES are then used to generate xauusd signals using the crossover trading strategy method.
There is also the MACD center-line which is also known as the zero mark and it is a neutral point between buyers and sellers trading the gold market.
Values above the center-mark are considered bullish xauusd signals while those below are bearish xauusd signals.
The MACD xauusd indicator being an oscillator indicator, oscillates above and below this center line.